Arizona State University May, 2015
• M.A. Environmental Social Science – Urbanism Concentration
• GPA 4.0/4.0
• Marketing and Communications Officer – US Green Building Council ASU Student Group
Relevant Courses: Research Design and Methods, GIS for Planners, Urban Design Studio, Sustainable Urbanism, Transportation/Environment, Urban Infrastructure Anatomy, Politics of Urban Spaces and Design, Planning/Development Control Law, Urban Environments
Washington University in St. Louis May, 2011
• B.A. Biology, Anthropology Minor
• GPA 3.3/4.0
• Relay for Life, Dance Marathon, WashU Masti Dance Team
Dean’s List – Spring and Fall 2008
City of Los Angeles Department of City Planning, Los Angeles, CA, Current
• Analyze housing and land use policy using entitlement, permit, covenant, and other city data.
• Create and update housing and land use policies as directed by City Council.
• Organize public meetings, presentations, and outreach efforts.
• Produce reports on performance metrics and housing statistics.
Arc Atlantic Regional Center, Los Angeles, CA, Nov 2015 – May 2016
• Manage three condominium conversion projects and associated processes in Baldwin Park, Monrovia, and Pasadena.
• Research and analyze market data, demographics, and zoning policies for five development projects and the Courtyard by Marriott in Monterey Park project – construction starting in March 2016 and opening in July 2017.
• Assist business operations by creating and reviewing content for brochures, radio interviews, and newspaper advertisements.
• Create and execute marketing and partnership plans with student organizations throughout Southern California.
WLM Financial and Real Estate, Los Angeles, CA, Sept 2015 – Jan 2016
• Researched home sales, home value, home ownership, refinancing, and demographic data for Los Angeles County.
• Located target audience through data integration with geospatial data of census block groups in ArcGIS.
• Identified over 600 census block groups and zip codes in LA for direct marketing campaign and 10 states for expansion.
• Collaborated with marketing to develop marketing plan to reach target audience.
Glendale Historic Downtown Redesign, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, Spring 2015
• Performed grid overlay analysis in ArcGIS with building stock and parcel data to identify suitable sites for urban redevelopment in Glendale, Arizona based on protocols established by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
• Led team of four and assessed neighborhood conditions through field surveys and socio-economic research.
• Visualized demographics, land use, and built environment data and proposed visions with GIS and SketchUp.
• Developed policy and design changes for the envisioned vibrant local community in downtown Glendale.
The Sustainability Consortium, Arizona State University Tempe, AZ, Fall 2014
• Detailed reviews on life-cycle analysis for general merchandise (household products, cosmetics, toys, electronics).
• Identified environmental impact hotspots and improvement opportunities in life cycles of merchandise.
• Produced key performance indicators in the sustainability measurement and reporting system.
The Water, Energy, and Infrastructure Co-Benefits of Smart Growth Planning in Phoenix Project, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, Spring 2014
Policy Analysis and Recommendations Team/Project Member
• 20-person team for a National Science Foundation (NSF) funded project on smart growth in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area; findings published online at http://repository.asu.edu/items/23060.
• Researched economic structures, tax and zoning policies for over 15 municipalities in the metro area.
• Collaborated with three sub-project teams and developed two future scenarios of transportation development patterns to understand costs and environmental impacts of water, energy, and transportation infrastructure.
• Presented set of policy recommendations for city council and developers based on research and analysis findings.
Maushaus, Arizona State University Tempe, AZ, Spring 2014
Co-Founder/Design Team and Social Media Coordinator
• Designed and constructed a micro-dwelling unit; project now a sustainability education tool for local schools.
• Responsible for recruiting skilled volunteers through contacts with student organizations and web platform.
• Secured funds through crowd-sourcing platform Kickstarter and achieved goal within three weeks.
• Presented housing unit on campus upon completion and was featured on local news station.
National Service, Department of Environmental Protection Taipei, Taiwan, 2011-2012
Operations and Foreign Language Specialist
• Designed interactive environmental awareness outreach program targeting kids aged 5 to 12.
• Led team of four and taught as an environmental awareness educator, reaching over 60 schools and 4000 students.
• Translated over 150 government and conference documents and provided English interpretation for visitors.
Wildlife Waystation – March 2016 to Current
Creative Writing (Poetry), Basketball, Violin, Baking, Cooking, Camping/Hiking, Photography
Language: Bilingual in Mandarin, conversational in French, Hindi, and Spanish
Computer: Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ArcGIS 10.1, SketchUp, RStudio
Certifications: Data Management and Visualization, Data Analysis Tools, Regression Modeling in Practice, Fundamentals of GIS
Other Experience: PrimatesPeru Project in Amazon Rain Forest – 4 months; 21cb.net – 3 years
References available upon request