Columbia University, School of International and Public Affairs – May, 2019
• M.P.A. Environmental Science and Policy
• GPA 3.8/4.0
• Class President, Environmental Fellow
Relevant Courses: Financing the Clean Energy Economy, Urban Economics, Real Estate Policy, Infrastructure Investment and Development, Financial Management
Arizona State University, School of Human Evolution and Social Change – May, 2015
• M.A. Environmental Social Science – Urbanism Concentration
• GPA 4.0/4.0
• Marketing and Communications Officer – US Green Building Council ASU Student Group
Relevant Courses: Research Design and Methods, GIS for Planners, Urban Design Studio, Sustainable Urbanism, Transportation/Environment, Urban Infrastructure Anatomy, Politics of Urban Spaces and Design, Planning/Development Control Law, Urban Environments
Washington University in St. Louis – May, 2011
• B.A. Biology, Anthropology Minor
• GPA 3.3/4.0
• Relay for Life, Dance Marathon, WashU Masti Dance Team
Dean’s List – Spring and Fall 2008
New York City Energy Efficiency Corporation (NYCEEC) | New York, NY | Current
- Oversee surveillance of NYCEEC’s loan portfolio and reporting of borrower compliance including financials and DSCR.
- Develop grant proposals and funding opportunities; manage grants subsequent to successful awards (over $1M to date).
- Manage NYCEEC projects including borrower financial analysis, Salesforce upgrades, marketing, and white papers.
- Report on NYCEEC strategic and impact metrics, including overall capital mobilized, greenhouse gas emissions reduced, number of affordable housing units upgraded, and indirect impacts.
Greenpeace International, Columbia University | New York, NY | Jan 2019 – May 2019
- Co-managed consulting team of nine; developed and implemented project plan and deliverables and liaised with client.
- Strategized team’s climate action policy research and methodology and drafted strategy recommendations.
- Synthesized outcomes of climate action to build future climate action scenarios for Greenpeace International’s global strategy.
Housing Unit, Citywide Policy Division, Department of City Planning⎹ Los Angeles, CA⎹ May 2016 – May 2018
Urban Policy Planner – Housing
Responsible for creating, managing and implementing affordable housing and land use policy initiatives and ordinances.
- Engage and liaise with public officials, public and private stakeholders to create and manage the Value Capture, the Home-Sharing, and the Density Bonus Ordinances currently undergoing the legislative process.
- Draft memos, staff reports, maps, presentations to create and implement the City’s Transit-Oriented Communities Affordable Housing Program (TOC) which became effective on September 22, 2017 and currently intaking applications.
- Manage the research and development of the TOC incentive buffer areas using State defined Major Transit Stops and methodology with GIS data from transportation agencies and coordinate with the Department’s GIS Division to create GIS Layers and attributes in the City’s online Zone Information and Map Access System (ZIMAS) for public access.
- Create and manage market rate and affordable housing production database based on over 5000 building permits and 600 planning case files to report on Density Bonus and related affordable housing policy outcomes as part of State law requirements for the General Plan Housing Element and Mayor Garcetti’s Executive Directive 13.
Arc Atlantic Regional Center⎹ San Marino, CA⎹ Jun 2015 – May 2016
Local developer focused on EB-5 projects and multi-family residences.
- Managed three condominium conversion projects for zoning compliance, tenant and rent information collection and analysis, and site plan review to begin entitlement processes in Baldwin Park, Monrovia, and Pasadena.
- Researched and analyzed market data, demographics, and zoning policies for five EB-5 development projects and the Courtyard by Marriott in Monterey Park EB-5 project to create investor information package, website updates, and ensure compliance with zoning and resulted in construction starting in March 2016.
- Created and executed marketing partnership plans with the largest Chinese newspapers, radio stations, and student organizations throughout Southern California while tripling investor interest locally and abroad and disseminate information regarding the Courtyard by Marriott EB-5 development project.
WLM Financial and Real Estate, Los Angeles, CA, Sept 2015 – Jan 2016
• Researched home sales, home value, home ownership, refinancing, and demographic data for Los Angeles County.
• Located target audience through data integration with geospatial data of census block groups in ArcGIS.
• Identified over 600 census block groups and zip codes in LA for direct marketing campaign and 10 states for expansion.
• Collaborated with marketing to develop marketing plan to reach target audience.
Glendale Historic Downtown Redesign, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, Spring 2015
• Performed grid overlay analysis in ArcGIS with building stock and parcel data to identify suitable sites for urban redevelopment in Glendale, Arizona based on protocols established by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
• Led team of four and assessed neighborhood conditions through field surveys and socio-economic research.
• Visualized demographics, land use, and built environment data and proposed visions with GIS and SketchUp.
• Developed policy and design changes for the envisioned vibrant local community in downtown Glendale.
The Sustainability Consortium, Arizona State University Tempe, AZ, Fall 2014
• Detailed reviews on life-cycle analysis for general merchandise (household products, cosmetics, toys, electronics).
• Identified environmental impact hotspots and improvement opportunities in life cycles of merchandise.
• Produced key performance indicators in the sustainability measurement and reporting system.
The Water, Energy, and Infrastructure Co-Benefits of Smart Growth Planning in Phoenix Project, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, Spring 2014
Policy Analysis and Recommendations Team/Project Member
• 20-person team for a National Science Foundation (NSF) funded project on smart growth in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area; findings published online at http://repository.asu.edu/items/23060.
• Researched economic structures, tax and zoning policies for over 15 municipalities in the metro area.
• Collaborated with three sub-project teams and developed two future scenarios of transportation development patterns to understand costs and environmental impacts of water, energy, and transportation infrastructure.
• Presented set of policy recommendations for city council and developers based on research and analysis findings.
Maushaus, Arizona State University Tempe, AZ, Spring 2014
Co-Founder/Design Team and Social Media Coordinator
• Designed and constructed a micro-dwelling unit; project now a sustainability education tool for local schools.
• Responsible for recruiting skilled volunteers through contacts with student organizations and web platform.
• Secured funds through crowd-sourcing platform Kickstarter and achieved goal within three weeks.
• Presented housing unit on campus upon completion and was featured on local news station.
General Services Unit, Strategic Planning Division, Department of Environmental Protection⎹ Taipei, Taiwan⎹ 2011-2012
Operations and Foreign Language Specialist/Unit Leader
Responsible for the City’s environmental review of development projects and environmental awareness programs.
- Planned and conducted public meetings and environmental review meetings for urban development projects.
- Managed the creation of the interactive environmental awareness education outreach program targeting students aged 5 to 12.
- Led team of four and taught as an environmental awareness educator, reaching over 60 schools and 4000 students.
Wildlife Waystation – March 2016 to May 2018
Union Station Homeless Services – April 2016 to May 2017
Creative Writing (Poetry), Basketball, Violin, Baking, Cooking, Camping/Hiking, Photography
Language: Bilingual in Mandarin, Working Knowledge in French, Hindi, and Spanish
Computer: Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ArcGIS 10.1, SketchUp, RStudio
Certifications: Data Management and Visualization, Data Analysis Tools, Regression Modeling in Practice, Fundamentals of GIS
Other Experience: PrimatesPeru Project in Amazon Rain Forest – 4 months; 21cb.net – 3 years
References available upon request